This cake is one of my favorites (after chocolate cakes, of course). I think I have mentioned this before, but I believe sugar and cinnamon are soul mates, and this cake is the marriage! I can't even remember where I got this recipe, I've had it a really long time. It is a classic bundt cake with delicious cinnamon filling and a milk glaze. I haven't come across anyone who didn't enjoy this cake. If you are debating what dessert to make this should be on your list!
Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
¾ cup dark Brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease one 10 inch bundt pan.
2. Cream 1 1/2 cups white sugar together with eggs until well blended. Add sour cream and butter or margarine and beat well. Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix well. Stir in vanilla.
3. Mix the dark brown sugar with the cinnamon.
4. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Cover with remaining cake batter.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until cooked through.
4 cups powdered sugar
3-8 tablespoons milk
1. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk one tablespoon at a time.
2. Add more or less milk depending on how thick or thin you want the glaze.